Worship services are held each Sunday morning in Braidwood at 10 am.
In Araluen joint Anglican and Uniting Church services are held in a small but well preserved Union Church on the second Sunday of each month at 2-00pm.
Braidwood Uniting Church History
In 1843 the New South Wales Presbyterian Synod appointed Rev. Christopher Eipper to St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Braidwood. Rev. Eipper’s area of responsibility also included Monaro, Limestone Plains (Canberra) and Jervis Bay.
A site for the Presbyterian Church was granted by the Government in Wallace Street, Braidwood (main street) but the trustees preferred a more “retired” position. Mr Hugh Wallace of “Nithdale” presented the land on the corner of Duncan and Monkittee Streets.
The church building was constructed of brick and completed in 1861. It is often referred to as “the White Church” and is perfectly suited for weddings.
In 1976, the Presbyterian Church in Braidwood became one of the founding members of the Uniting Church in Australia.
There have been hundreds of weddings in The White Church over the years and many couples in Braidwood remember arriving at the church in their horse and sulky or motor car to exchange their vows and begin their life together.
In 2018 the Church celebrated its 175th birthday.